When we heard that Phoenix Truck & Crane was nominated for the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce (TCCOC) Community Spirit Award, were were over the moon.This nomination means so much to us; it means that our continuous commitment to our community and dedication to making a difference in peoples lives was appreciated, but most importantly it means that one of the people we have helped (or are helping) took the time to put our name forward and write an application expressing their personal experiences, and the positive differences Phoenix’s involvement has made.
Today’s celebration at Westwood Plateau Golf & Country Club recognized everyone nominated in the 2016 Business Excellence Awards, and it was with great pride that we stood on stage along side the other nominees.
Congratulations to all the nominees and see you on January 28th for another celebration of our lively and remarkable business community!
The relationship with Phoenix Truck & Crane and the Olympics began back in the spring of 2008, during the set-up of the summer games in Beijing. Upon arriving in the country with their broadcasting gear packed into several dozen shipping containers, a well-known broadcasting company realized that they needed the expertise of a specialized crane to maneuver and unload they’re valuable cargo. Through relationships forged here in Vancouver, the opportunity was presented to Phoenix to purchase a container sideloader from New Zealand, and have it shipped to Beijing. Through the foresight and dedication of ownership, Phoenix secured this specialized crane and met it on the ground in Beijing with one of our senior operators, and the work began. Quickly and efficiently the containers were moved throughout the high density city, ensuring that the valuable products were safely placed. The work was challenging and rewarding, and the purchase of the container sideloader proved to be an asset to Phoenix and their customers in the lower mainland, for the next few years.
Through the connections made during the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, Phoenix was hired to perform a variety of work for several different customers in the lead up to the 2010 Winter Olympics here in Vancouver. Our extensive fleet of trucks and cranes, including the container sideloader, were hired out to assist in the building and set-up of venues. For approximately a year before the games began, our experienced drivers and operators delivered services and products to locations throughout the lower mainland and Whistler.
Phoenix employees worked tirelessly to ensure that the proper procedures were followed and all aspects of the Olympic brand were respected. We are proud to say that that we were a part of these two amazing events!
At Phoenix, our crane lifts no matter the size, are executed with a detailed plan, high safety standards, and talented operators; and our lift last Friday demonstrated all of this.
Phoenix Truck & Crane was tasked to lift a life-size (10 foot high) bronze moose, and with precise, meticulous work by our operator, the job was completed just as a wind storm was approaching.
Our 45 Ton Peterbilt stiff boom was up for this challenge and with the help of the artist, Tom Hjorleifson, his wife and the contracted crew, the 1,300 pound piece of art safely reached its final destination, the courtyard of a high-rise condo in West Vancouver.
Traveling all the way from Alberta, the moose had more than its share of adventures, but the warm welcome from neighbours and building residents made it worthwhile. Despite the looming rough weather, spectators were lining up to see the piece and meet the artist.
Too bad none of us got to see Rocky that day 😉
At Phoenix we are constantly striving to grow the company; new customers, new employees, and in our most recent case, a new crane. The addition of a 43 Ton to our fleet will allow us to continue to service our crane customers with their time sensitive projects throughout the lower mainland.
We are proud to introduce the 43 Ton 2011 Peterbilt, with a lifting capacity of 2200 lbs at a 70′ radius. The size of this crane provides our operators with the ability to complete lifts that require a crane with a small footprint. With its removable deck and fifth wheel, the 45 ton offers versatility to attach and pull a 48′ trailer, transporting large loads to job sites.
We at Phoenix were proud to be a part of the installation of a massive piece of public art, the ‘Golden Tree’. This life size replica of the famous Stanley Park Hollow Tree was created by local artist Douglas Coupland and is on display at the Marine Drive Canada Line Station.
Standing 43 feet tall and made out of steel-reinforced resin and fiberglass and encased in a gold finish, the piece took more than 6,000 hours to fabricate and two days for the crew, including our crane operator to install.
Click here to view the CBC video
TECHNICAL CRANE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, JUNIOR POSITION
The purpose of this position is to represent and sell the Phoenix Truck & Crane fleet, specifically the cranes. This role is responsible for maintaining current customers and assessing their crane needs by performing daily job site visits, as well as prospecting potential new customers. This position is a Monday to Friday job, with occasional weekend work when customer needs dictate. This role is a junior position which includes a training program, with the opportunity to transition into an intermediate sales position with hard work and dedication to the team.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Responsible for performing site surveys to determine project requirements, generating quotes and following up
- Responsible for Sales activities in accordance with the department goals and objectives
- Review, measure and photograph prospective project sites, which will include extensive daily travel throughout the Lower Mainland
- Prepare and submit lift plans
- Work with municipalities to acquire permits
- Responsible to submit all site and customer information to operations in a timely matter
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the CRM database when required
- Soliciting new account sales as well as maintaining client relationships
- Attend and participate at monthly sales meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively with Dispatch, Operators and Office Staff
- Any other duties assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in sales
- Experience in customer service
- Experience working in the crane industry, trucking and/or construction preferred
- Experience in organizing sales calls and schedules
- Exceptional skills in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized, a self-starter with good time management skills
- Willing to learn, able to work with minimal supervision, and resilient when facing challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A comprehensive benefit plan included
- The successful candidate must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a vehicle
- The successful candidate will ensure our COR Certification standards are met at all times
To apply for this position please email a copy of your resume by September 30, 2016
Phoenix was contracted to lift and place two cell towers at the Cloverdale Athletic Park. Each tower consisted of three sections, with each section being lifted and righted by two of our cranes. Using the 45 Ton Stiff Boom and the 60 Ton Knuckle Boom, our operators were able to safely and efficiently handle this work.