TECHNICAL CRANE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, JUNIOR POSITION
The purpose of this position is to represent and sell the Phoenix Truck & Crane fleet, specifically the cranes. This role is responsible for maintaining current customers and assessing their crane needs by performing daily job site visits, as well as prospecting potential new customers. This position is a Monday to Friday job, with occasional weekend work when customer needs dictate. This role is a junior position which includes a training program, with the opportunity to transition into an intermediate sales position with hard work and dedication to the team.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Responsible for performing site surveys to determine project requirements, generating quotes and following up
- Responsible for Sales activities in accordance with the department goals and objectives
- Review, measure and photograph prospective project sites, which will include extensive daily travel throughout the Lower Mainland
- Prepare and submit lift plans
- Work with municipalities to acquire permits
- Responsible to submit all site and customer information to operations in a timely matter
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the CRM database when required
- Soliciting new account sales as well as maintaining client relationships
- Attend and participate at monthly sales meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively with Dispatch, Operators and Office Staff
- Any other duties assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in sales
- Experience in customer service
- Experience working in the crane industry, trucking and/or construction preferred
- Experience in organizing sales calls and schedules
- Exceptional skills in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized, a self-starter with good time management skills
- Willing to learn, able to work with minimal supervision, and resilient when facing challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A comprehensive benefit plan included
- The successful candidate must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a vehicle
- The successful candidate will ensure our COR Certification standards are met at all times
To apply for this position please email a copy of your resume by September 30, 2016
Phoenix was contracted to lift and place two cell towers at the Cloverdale Athletic Park. Each tower consisted of three sections, with each section being lifted and righted by two of our cranes. Using the 45 Ton Stiff Boom and the 60 Ton Knuckle Boom, our operators were able to safely and efficiently handle this work.
Night after night for the past month, the Tragically Hip took to stages across Canada, playing hit songs that spanned decades. And as the curtain rose one last time, millions of Canadians watched the epic tour come to an end. Massive screens were hoisted across this country, in parking lots, stadiums and right in the heart of New Westminster on Columbia Street. And for a few hours, Phoenix Truck & Crane was able to say ‘we were there’!
Phoenix was contracted by the Downtown New Westminster BIA to hoist and hold the 27’ foot screen during this year’s Columbia StrEAT Food Truck Festival. Using the 23 Ton Rear Mount crane, our operator hoisted and held the screen for over three hours, allowing thousands of fans to watch the as the Hip played thirty songs, live from their hometown of Kingston.
After extensive testing and training in our yard, the 165 Ton is now ready to go to work.
Wingenback Inc. contracted Phoenix for a job at the Bentall Towers in Vancouver, and the 165 Ton was required due to the radius of the lift. Along with the crew from Wingenback, our crane operator and rigger lifted the 3000 lb unit onto a patio of the Bentall Towers. 197’ of main boom was used, with full counterweight of 88,4000 lbs, to a radius of 150’.
Thanks to the crew at Wingenback Inc. and our team at Phoenix, the first job with the 165 Ton went off without a hitch.
Phoenix was contracted by Meridian Marine to work on the BC Ferries rebuild. Using our 53’ flat deck, 12’ steel ramps were hauled. The work was done at the Esquimalt Shipyards in Victoria.
Today our cube van driver Mohammed is spending his day helping those who lost their homes during the Glen Drive Fire in Coquitlam earlier this week.
Click here for information how you can help: http://www.coquitlam.ca/city-hall/news-media/15-02-19/Donations_for_displaced_Glen_Drive_residents_-_Update_Feb_19.aspx
This weekend Coquitlam Centre and Share are holding a Clothing and Toiletry Drive to support those who were impacted by the fire. For more information:http://coquitlamcentre.com/content/clothing-drive
Phoenix has been contracted by West Coast Sign Service Ltd. in the past, to hoist signs into place. Below are a few photos showing our 45 Ton Stiff Boom Crane doing the work at two different sites.